- Selected for contribution towards ‘Heim Textiles’, an international exposition at Frankfurt, Germany.
- Visited ITMA, Asia , an International textiles fair at Singapore for skill enhancement.
- Art Appreciation skills at Site Seminar to Ajanta Caves organized by University of Michigan, USA.
- Called as an expert for inspection of colleges running Fashion Design as a vocational programme.
- Member of the board of studies for Fashion Design from the Punjab University.
- Called frequently for Judging events related to the Arts and Fashion within and outside Chandigarh.
- Attributed with the skills for starting an entire department from scratch inclusive of curriculum development and design besides infrastructural inputs and faculty skills up gradation.
- Certified for ‘Effective Curriculum Implementation’ from the National Institute of Technical Teachers’ training and Research.
- Member of a non-profit voluntary organization, The REEDS, for imparting special skills in the up gradation of rural arts in Punjab and Haryana.
- Trainee Artist in Advertising Agency, Pugmarks [for 4 months].
- Certified for Training in Hospitality Management for Airhostesses.
- Articles in popular periodicals like Hindustan Times and Times of India.
Awards and Honors:
- Represented India on a group study exchange program to the USA, Mississippi, for a month in the year 2009, a project funded by the Rotary International organization.
- Award Winning Collection, ‘Knights of Passion’. Awarded for ‘Innovative use of Yarns’ at Graduation show ,NIFT, New Delhi
- Best National level Cadet in the National Cadet Corps - NCC]
- Winner of the coveted Ms Rendezvous title at IIT, New Delhi in the year 1997.
- Adjudged Ms Fresher at National Institute of Fashion Technology,New Delhi in the year 1996.
- Class representative at the College of Art and at NIFT, New delhi.
- First prize winner at Annual Art quiz competition at Chandigarh Lalit Kala Academy in 1996
- Commended repeatedly for the organization of the coveted annual design collection show ‘Anukama’ of the NIIFT, Mohali,Punjab (recommendation certificates attached).
- Designed the winter uniform jacket for the Punjab Police in 2008
- Project Manager for the Tie up between Walsall College, UK & NIIFT, Mohali under the UKIERI project.
- Researcher/photographer/illustrator for Dr Alka Pande’s “Folk music & Musical instruments of Punjab’ a Mapin publication.
- Instrumental in the start of the Knitwear Design & Technology Dept at NIIFT, Mohali
- Have headed the Fashion Design department for the last 6 years.
- Designed the Prospectus and the Placement layout plan and cover design for the NIIFT for the past 4 years.
- Designed the Brochure and invites for various shows and exhibitions held at NIIFT.
- Management of annual Fashion shows and events at the institute
- Choreography for music and design for fashion events at NIIFT.
- Handled Craft documentation reports on the states of Uttar Pradesh and Orissa, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
- Been the spearhead for Industrial training and visit to ‘Tirupur’ in Tamil Nadu for the Knitwear design students.
- Handled the project on ‘Innovative designs for women’s wear’ for KVIC [ Khadi village & industries corporation]
- Preparation of examination papers for graduate and post graduate Faculty of Art students.
- Research work for doctoral degree titled ‘Multi-piece Costume in Indian Art - From the Medieval to the Contemporary: An Illustrated Version.
- At the finishing stage for a hand book of Fashion for ‘Wills India Fashion Week’
- Promoting rural and traditional art ware from the States of Rajasthan, Orissa, Punjab and Haryana
- Uniform design for ‘CITCO’ and their staff at Hotel Mount View, Shivalik View and Yatri Niwas.
- Photography/styling/model bank/makeup coordination for a domestic apparel label operating in North India
- Displayed Art works (oil on canvas) the theme pertaining to the Phulkari motifs juxtaposed with animal motifs at the Alliance.
- Françoise Gallery on the 23rd of Feb’08 and also at the Ranjit Svaasa, Amritsar for the spread of fine Arts.
- Brand Ambassador for ‘Khadi Plus’ a line of Khadi Grahm udhyog.
- Choreographer and Dancer [Holding a diploma in Masters in Classical Indian Kathak]
- Group Dancing and choreography under Shiamak Davar
- Certified all India Trekking skills
- Badminton player, singles and doubles at College level
- Record holder in Athletics at college level
- Can take up strenuous assignments
- Won several awards in individual and group Cultural events at college and University level Youth Programs
- Avid photographer
- Very Sensitive towards art.
- Keen on artwork restoration skills
- Environmentalist with a vision. Currently working on national level campaign of ‘Save the Tiger’
- Delivered lectures on Fashion as a career at St Johns High school as part of options for students to undertake while leaving school.
- Invited as a spokes person at the Fortis Hospital on the women’s day to deliver a talk on Fashion for the working women.
H.No. 135, Sector 11-A, Chandigarh, 160 011
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
MAILING ADDRESS& STUDIO:
H.No. 135, Sector 11-A, Chandigarh, 160 011